Saturday, April 24, 2010

एन्जोयिंग Delicious

Hi from Oshakati

This week was filled with loads of excitement. I called in our IT assistant to help me create my Delicious account. Unfortunately he was unable to help me, offering to install another surfer. You see I need detail step by step instruction when it comes to technology. If my screen does not show the exact same page as on the notes, I panic. I realized that different software and editions have some different display settings. But, what a great sense of achievement I felt, when I finally managed to create and add links to my delicious account.

Deborah’ article, Social Bookmaking-Saving and Sharing Links, Sept, 2007, [http://www.uoregon.edu/~dhealey/techtips/sept2009.html], is a great resource on creating a Delicious account.
The article states that the benefits of Delicious include;
1. Storing all your favorites/ bookmarks in one place,
2. which is accessible anytime from anywhere.
3. Further, it has a public and private view.
4. Tags are used to organize your favorites.
5. New categories can also be created
6. You don’t have to start afresh, use import your current favorites
These are not possible with the usual favorite or bookmarks.

The benefit for me, is that I can now access my favorites/ files, all organized and at and for my convenience.

Regards
Juliet

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juliet,

    I agree with you that this course is very demanding for all those who have been using computers for e-mail and word processing only. However, the greater the satisfaction when we maanage to do tasks effectively!

    Good luck!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete